FINANCIAL SERVICES GUIDE
You have the right to ask us about our charges, the type of advice we will provide you, and what you can do if you have a complaint about our services.
This Financial Services Guide (“FSG”) is intended to inform you of certain basic matters relating to our relationship, prior to us providing you with a financial service. The matters covered by the FSG include, who we are, how we can be contacted, what services we are authorised to provide to you, how we (and any other relevant parties) are remunerated, details of any potential conflicts of interest, and details of our internal and external dispute resolution procedures, along with how you can access them.
It is intended that this FSG should assist you in determining whether to use any of the services described in this document.
In the event we make a recommendation to acquire a particular financial product (other than securities), we will advise you where you can obtain a Product Disclosure Statement (‘PDS’) containing information about the particular product, which will enable you to make an informed decision in relation to the acquisition of that product.
You should note that Mainstreet Investor Research Pty Limited and its Authorised Representatives only provide general financial product advice. Our recommendations do not take into account your personal circumstances and before acting on any of our recommendations you should consider if they are appropriate for you based on your particular personal circumstances.
1. Who will be providing the financial service to me?
An Authorised Representative of Mainstreet Investor Research Pty Limited (‘Mainstreet’) will provide the financial services to you on behalf of Mainstreet.
Information about the particular Authorised Representative is detailed in the attached Authorised Representative Profile which forms part of this FSG.
Mainstreet Investor Research Pty Limited
ABN: 90 111 536 700
Australian Financial Services Licence Number: 293655
Level 1, 129 Blues Point Road
North Sydney NSW 2060
Tel No: +61 (0)2 9929 4374
Mainstreet is responsible for the services provided to you.
2. What kinds of financial services are you authorised to provide me and what kinds of products do those services relate to?
Mainstreet is licensed to offer you the following services:
- (I) Provide general financial product advice for the following classes of financial products;
- Government Debentures, Stocks & Bonds;
- Managed investment Schemes including Investor Directed Portfolio Services
- (II) Deal in a financial product
3. How will I pay for the service?
Mainstreet and its Authorised Representatives will be remunerated by fees paid by you for our services.
The attached Authorised Representative profile will detail the fees applicable to the services provided by the Authorised Representative.
4. Do any relationships or associations exist which might influence you in providing me with the financial services?
Neither Mainstreet, its Authorised Representatives nor any related companies have any association with any product issuer that could be expected to influence us in the provision of the financial services.
5. Will you provide me advice, which is suitable to my needs and financial circumstances?
Mainstreet and its Authorised Representatives only provide general financial product advice. Our recommendations do not take into account your personal circumstances and before acting on any of our recommendations you should consider if they are appropriate for you based on your particular personal circumstances.
6. Can I provide you with instructions to buy or sell my financial products?
No. Neither Mainstreet nor it Authorised Representatives will arrange for you to buy or sell securities.
7. Who can I complain to if I have a complaint about the provision of the financial services to me?
Mainstreet has in place Professional Indemnity Insurance that is required by the Corporations Act and which meets ASIC’s requirements and covers present and past representatives.
If you have any complaint about the service provided to you, you should take the following steps and we will seek to resolve your complaint quickly and fairly:
- Contact your adviser and discuss your complaint.
- If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved within 5 days, please ring Mainstreet’s Compliance Manager, or put your complaint in writing and send it to Mainstreet. Your complaint must be finalised within 45 days of receipt of your complaint.
Mainstreet is a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service
If the complaint cannot be settled to your satisfaction you have the right to complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
This service is free of charge to you and FOS can be contacted on:
Phone: 1300 78 08 08
Mail to: GPO Box 3, Melbourne Victoria 3001.